Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing 13- Online Productivity Tools

Before I get started writing about Thing 13, I want to comment that I really like an earlier Thing, using Del.ici.ous. It is efficient! I tried using it last week when I was sitting with my husband's laptop in a hotel room. Yes, I did forget my password, but it wasn't too difficult to access my email from a Web email site and fix things.
On to Thing 13. Well, sorry guys, I looked at nearly all the sites that were presented, and I am just not interested. I don't want a "customized home page." When I bring up my home computer, I immediately get a weather forecast, and I wouldn't waste time by looking at all those other things that a home page has, and this is even more true for me at work.
I don't want a Calendar or a List tool. At home, I have a calendar a few feet away from my compter, and I would use Outlook at work if I wanted to use a calendar, since my email is already there. As for making lists, I like the old-fashioned jotting down on paper method. At least that way I can grab my list and throw it in my purse.

No comments: