Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, March 23, 2009

Thing 25- Your Blog

I had decided that I was going to do Things at work more, and I seldom have time, but I actually had some time while at the service desk to start looking at the stuff in the Blogger's toolkit. I didn't have any luck with them, though. I thought it might be cool to use the star rating system that Outbrain offers in my blog, so I added it. Unfortunately, along with the stars came a lot of unwanted messages that looked like ads, so I just as quickly deleted Outbrain. I decided to give Feevy a try, so I opened an account and put three blogs in it. It didn't work, though. I was supposed to be able to put the blogs in the sidebar of my blog with a tag that they gave me. I tried several times, but I couldn't get the blogs to appear in my blog. I don't know what I did wrong. I also did the Myers-Briggs type thing that analyzed my blog, but I didn't agree with the results. They called me an extroverted, playful person and I have always thought I was introverted.

2 comments:

David Sasson said...

Hey Susie- this is David @ Outbrain. Thanks for trying our service, I'm sorry it wasn't what you were expecting. We have both our star rating widget along with a recommendation service that shows your readers links to interesting content they may enjoy. Most of these links are not paid for, though those with an 'I' icon next to them are sponsored recommendations.

In both cases, we allow registered users to configure as they see fit- you can limit recommendations to your own posts, turn them off completely and turn off sponsored recommendations. If you'd like help doing this so you retain only the star ratings, email me at Davids [at] Outbrain [dot] com and I'd be happy to help get you set up the way that works best for you.

Thanks again for trying us!

Linda said...

See, others out there do read your blog. You never know who will comment. The offer from Outbrain sounds like one that would be hard to refuse. I'd encourage you to try it.