Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, March 24, 2008

Thing 7- Web 2.0 Communication Tools

I have three email accounts; one at home, one at work, and the one that I started with this blog. If I checked my email constantly, it would be a time drain, but I check it once or twice a day.
Our library offers computer classes for seniors where they can learn about email, and our customers have the option of using email notification for their fines and reserves. I think that using email to give reference service is a really good idea, although I don't do it because I'm not a librarian.
I have an IM account at home that I've been using for a while. I read the Library Journal article about IMing. I don't know if any of the librarians at our library do IM reference service.
I'm not too interested in doing text messaging, so I'm not part of the revolution.

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Hope you plan on keeping on with the Things!